The Art of Governance requires the natural rhythm of a musician, the dexterity of a dancer, and the speaking skills of a polished actor.
Effective governance is often misunderstood.
Power is attached to it, so responsibility is critical for its effective dispersal. The VMP™ platform is a natural environment to practice governance. Little is done to tutor leaders in this fine art, especially people coming from a command-control environment where they have the last word on all matters.
The VMP platform is like a lab where leaders can practice their leadership skills. No one gets to be wrong, but must “show up” and engage with team members. There are many benefits to work in this environment.
Consider these simplified Strategies and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Refresh attitudes toward our work.
- Set and enforce by laws.
- Manage risk factors—Avoid pitfalls.
- Reduce stress through planning.
- View the Strategic Plan as a container structure.
- Learn useful, simple tools to smooth the governing process.
- Establish workplace boundaries.
- Reduce and avert conflicts of interest.
- Think strategically—Beyond the task.
- Tackle “difficult and delicate.”
- Protect constituents, no shareholders.
Governance structure provides building blocks to the “Next Level”=Competence. Coaching is effective for the team and individuals.
- How to integrate policy and actions
- Communicate ideas and plans
- Anticipate market moves
- Be Transparent
- Maximize powerful outreach
- Community engagement
- Create branding buzz
- Commend everyone who touches your company.
“When you can get everyone in into the same boat, rowing in the same direction, the POWER of this team can easily dominate any market, in any industry, against any competition, at any time.” -Patrick Lencioni, Leadership Guru