Thank you for your service. In return, I would be honored to serve you in mainstreaming your skills and build your dream career.
Welcome Home, Vets!
When I served in the USO (United Service Organization) for the Northeast Command, the experience taught me how much bringing a touch of “home” means to our warriors. Now that I have a professional advantage, I am offering 10 hours of contributed coaching to veterans interested in starting a business, refreshing their re-entry work skills like interviewing, and how to maximize their credentials, and someone to listen to what they need to move forward.
Begin by completing the attached application. That will guide you to declare what we can help you do.
This program is designed for someone eager to move forward. The coaches provide the framework through structure of the plan and coaching.
- Everyone can apply to open enrollment complete the application (questionnaire.) It is easy to complete. Candidates will self-select how serious they are by completing Part 2 of the application describing their vision. The coaches will use this as a guide upon entry into the program.
- Each coach will create a waiting list to select future candidates, logged by date of inquiry, forwarded to me to include in the master database, and then logged in receipt of their responses.
- There will be a 30-day window to review applications and respond.
- The process may extend over 90 days for scheduling purposes.
The criteria is simple:
- Applicants will self-select which direction to pursue:
- Start a business or join an existing business like family-owned.
- Refresh interviewing and job seeking skills like how to answer the interviewer, posture and presence.
- Have an idea and needs direction to give it form and function.
- The applicant will have and demonstrate in their applications a steadfast desire to start or own a business.
- The applicant will provide a two-page essay on the vision they have.
- They will indicate existing resources and support they will bring to the project.
- Coaches will conduct a primary interview for selection based on the reality of the situation. No one will be sent away empty-handed. We will provide other resources like SCORE and Chamber services they can access.
Coaching and Counseling Professionals . . . Please join me
Please call if you have interest in joining my effort to serve our homecoming heroes. If you would like to be included in a registry of coaches, please forward your résumé and bio, plus an introductory statement of why you would like to be part of this program. If you have contacts that qualify, please direct them to email@example.com for an assessment.
On the coaching side, I will provide a plan outline I use with my private clients. This will keep everyone be synchronized based on the same information:
- I will interview each coach and approve credentials.
- I will conduct a coaches’ orientation
- I will maintain a coach registry of participating coaches. With their permission, I will spotlight them in reports and public relations materials.
- I will provide support materials for which I am seeking community and commercial sponsors.
- I recommend keeping a time log and working in 30-minute increments.
- Coaches agree to at least five candidates a month to do justice to the quality of time.
- Coaches may submit sample work and supplements for program approval to assist the participant.
- Coaches will be able to use the logo to post in newsletters, blogs, podcasts and websites.